UP5 armchair from B&BItalia
· The UP5 armchair from B&BItalia will surround you in it’s ‘womb-like’ embrace. A rare ‘liberated’ edition purchased without the attached footrest. SOLD
· Designed when, by whom: Italian architect Gaetano Pesce designed the anthropomorphic UP series, comprising 7 pieces, back in 1969. B&BItalia re released them in high performance materials in 2000. For the UP5_6 Pesce was inspired by the notion that women are shackled only by the limitations they put on themselves. This one is the rare ‘liberated’ edition without a ‘ball and chain’ footrest. Pesce moved to New York in 1983 where he still has a studio in SOHO.
· Age / usage frequency: 10 years old. No structural damage or defects. A slightly darker mark in the seat where a drink spilled will be dry cleaned and the pricing adjusted upwards if it comes out.
· Fabrication: Bayfit flexible cold shaped polyurethane foam upholstered in Fabric code Lora 153, a charcoal jersey fabric. The base is woven 100% jute hessian as per the originals.
· Hidden details: Curvaceous yet firm, be warned, once seated you will find it very hard to leave her because of the perfectly reclined comfort and headrest.
· Design Consigned Stylist: We love the colourway for it’s ability to highlight the amazing silhouette. An iconic design object for the kids area or any large space.
· DC Collector: High collector value. Still in production. Told by the owner the chair was purchased alone, we were sceptical, but confirmed this via email with B&BItalia. The famous UP5 featured in this official image during the B&BItalia 50 Years in business anniversary celebrations last year. SOLD
- Dimensions: H103cm W120cm D130cm W30kg
- Condition: 3/5
- Gaetano Pesce