Flap sofa from Edra
A globally recognized design, the ‘flap’ sofa from Edra transforms brilliantly from sofa into party seating for up to 10. This rare version is upholstered in oh so expensive and exotic [farmed] ostrich. A limited edition collector piece. SOLD
· Designer: The sofa was designed in 2000 by Francesco Binfare with a focus on anatomical engineering.
· Age / usage frequency: condition consistent with 10 years of use. Some 1 cm approx tears in the base corner of 4-5 of the ‘flaps’ – visible only when in flat position. The ostrich otherwise perfect. Frame in excellent condition.
· Fabrication: Patented design mechanics. Genuine white ostrich leather, a by-product of South African birds farmed for their meat and feathers. The hides used can be up to 16 square feet in size. Polished steel frame and chromed legs. Flexible polyurethane inners.
· Hidden details: 180 components ! 9 multi positional moving ‘flaps’
· DC Styling: ‘Versace style’ for your Milanese style apartment or ‘Miami white’ beach house. A sofa guaranteed to garner attention and get your guests talking.
· DC Collector: The flap sofa is still in production, however, this limited edition white ostrich upholstery is no longer available making this piece highly collectible.
· Design Consigned Insider: Retails new today in leather at over $36,000
- Dimensions: H84cm L355cm D166cm SH34cm
- Condition: 3/5
- Francesco Binfare for Edra