Flap sofa from Edra
A globally recognized design, the flap sofa transforms brilliantly from sofa into party seating for 10 or more. This rare version is upholstered in oh so expensive and exotic [farmed] ostrich. A limited edition collector piece.
· Designer: The sofa was designed in 2000 by Francesco Binfare with a focus on anatomical engineering.
· Age / usage frequency: condition consistent with 8- 10 years of use. Some 1 cm approx tears in the base corner of 4-5 of the ‘flaps’ – visible only when in flat position. The ostrich otherwise perfect. Frame in excellent condition.
· Fabrication: Patented design mechanics. Genuine white ostrich leather, a by-product of South African birds farmed for their meat and feathers. The hides used can be up to 16-19 square feet in size. Polished steel frame and chromed legs. Flexible polyurethane inners.
· Hidden details: 180 components ! 9 multi positional moving ‘flaps’
· DC Styling: ‘Versace style’ for your Milanese style apartment or ‘Miami white’ beach house. A sofa guaranteed to be a talking point.
· DC Collector: The flap sofa is still in production, however, the limited edition white ostrich upholstery is no longer available making this piece a collector item.
· Design Consigned Insider: Retails new in leather at over $36,000
* flexible payment terms available on this design object
- Dimensions: H84cm L355cm D166cm SH34cm
- Condition: 3/5
- Francesco Binfare for Edra